Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One Side Attacked Me and the Other Began Negotiating Terms of Surrender

Vote away Congress, playing with lives as the toys of ideology and elites. Where’s my Social Security, my medical care, my living wage, my freedom from borrowing under duress?


And the President, with the white flag of surrender permanently attached to his forehead. Fight the callous zealots! Rip away the façade of populism to expose the sneering elitism! Now I need my bailout and my bonus, or am I small enough to fail?


Forget Boehner, Reid, Pelosi, and McConnell. They’re all at a table, celebrating a job that was never worth doing. Two with most everything they wanted, two just get to move on.


Sweet champagne for baby Boehner and bitter beer for the coward Obama. Three cheers for economic reformation! And shrugs to the quiet masses.


They will all be driven home tonight, jobs awaiting them tomorrow. Succeed or fail, 90% will be re-elected.

No comments:

Post a Comment