Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Stolen Laptop

It is surreal. My mind is empty. Deep and hollow. This isn't disbelief. I believe but it was never real. I know but I don't comprehend. I go through the motions.

It isn't traumatizing or emotional. It is just ... nothing. Really? Yup, I tell myself. Really, I ask again a minute later. Maybe it is all the hiccups, irritations, and infuriations of the last six days. Perhaps I have had my fill. When the tow driver pointed to the nail in the tire, I reached the point where it is all funny. The saturation point. You can't be irritated because it is simply the tide of nature rocking back against you.

Now, it is past that and what do you do when the saturation point is exceeded? It is just ... numb. It is disbelief. At one moment, anger, yelling. At the next, laughter followed by a blank stare. I over-dramatize because I am looking for description through the veil of that stare. If that makes sense.

One upon another and this moment is exceeded in ... whatever it is ... by the next, already. The next irritation, promising to stretch until ... whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment