Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Round-Up #5

Welcome to the Round-Up. Throughout the week, I will be posting links to the most interesting, funny, and/or unique articles I read on DWG's Twitter feed, DownWithGT. Then, on the weekend, I will post links to the 3(ish) most interesting, funny, and/or unique articles I tweeted. Here, ladies and gentleman, is the Round-Up #5:



Link 1, "Fathead," is a documentary by Tom Naughton in which Naughton means to challenge the message of "Supersize Me" but ends up examining our many dietary fads. This is packed with information and is well-organized and extremely entertaining. From limiting calories to counting carbs to the most popular diets, none of the popular dietary wisdom seems to be true.

Link 2, "You can go strangle yourself with that yellow ribbon, or, here is what I want you to do instead of shaking my hand," in which a "generation Y, ivy-league educated, FDR liberal, environmentalist, atheist vegan" Iraq veteran writes very little about yellow ribbons but a lot about how the US army differs from American perceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment